Monday, March 4, 2013

Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at my other blog, The Broke and the Bookish.

Okay okay, it's only six, not ten. This was a hard list!

The Wheel of Time Series:
 

 
I’ve been wanting to star this series for a while, ever since I heard that Brandon Sanderson, one of my favorite fantasy authors, was going to finish the series after the author’s death. The sheer size of each book, and the number of books in the series is intimidating, but I’ve heard such amazing things!

 
 
 
 
 

Under the Never Sky

 

My interest in this series was renewed recently with the release of the latest installment. The premise intrigues me, and several of my blogger friends have read them and enjoyed them.

 
 
 
 

A Song of Ice and Fire

 


 
 
 
Technically, I’ve already started this series. I’ve read the first book.  But I really want to get back into the series.  Half my twitter feed is filled with Game of Throne stuff, I want to join in on the chats! I’m a bit anxious though. I’m not sure my heart can handle it. I’ll just go into the books and leave my heart behind… yeah, that’s it…


 

The Heir Chronicles



 
 

Don’t know a thing about them. Just one thing, and the only thing that really  matters to catch my interest. The author. Cinda Williams Chima. I LOVED her Seven Realms Series, I’m excited to read more from her.

 
 
 
 
 
The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive)



 

 
I don’t know much about this series, but it’s another by Brandon Sanderson so I’m excited to read it.

 
 
 
 
 
 

An Unfortunate Fairy Tale
 


 

 
 
My friend just recently recommended this book to me, and it sounds intriguing! I always enjoy a good retelling. Plus, it was free for the nook and the final book is coming out fairly soon. Always a bonus.

13 comments:

  1. You have some of my favorites on this list! Wow. I love these fantasy books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~Suey- Yeah, some of those are on the list because of you mentioning them...

      Delete
  2. Good list, I love A Song of Ice and Fire series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brandon Sanderson, but his books are HUGE. I started THE WAY OF KINGS and was enjoying it, but when it became overdue at the library, I had to give it back :( I haven't re-checked it out, but I really need to!

    Glad to have found you via TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Under the never sky is also on my list and I can't wait to read Game of Thrones.

    Top 10 Tuesday - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire are on my list as well.
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read unEnchanted, and I really enjoyed it. I recently picked up book one of her Iron Butterfly series, and I'm excited to read it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. callusedfingers- I hadn't heard of that one, I'll have to look for it!

      Delete
  7. Keep reading Song of Ice and Fire so we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah you have to READ the GRR Martin books! I read them years ago and am getting ready to do a reread. I think you'll really enjoy the Wheel of Time Series.


    Thanks for stopping by Literary, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Way of Kings is really good! I've only read two of Sanderson's books, this one an Elantris...but I'm convinced he's a genius.
    I need to start most of these as well especially the Song of Fire and Ice series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle- I think Song of Fire and Ice may end up being the first one I start out of all of these. So many people to chat with about them!

    ReplyDelete

You know what? You're brilliant! Thanks so much for commenting, I always reply!