Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at my other blog, The Broke and the Bookish.
Okay, this list was not easy for me! It made me realize just how many authors I automatically buy books from, narrowing it down to just ten was difficult.
1. J.K. Rowling- I didn’t even care for The Casual Vacancy, in fact, I didn’t even finish it. ( You can read my discussion about it with some of the gals from The Broke and the Bookish, here) However, Rowling will forever remain an ‘auto-buy’ for me. She wrote the books that made up my childhood, and most of the time I really love her writing.
2. Maria V. Snyder- I’ve purchased every book she’s written and will continue to do so. She never disappoints. She creates detailed and intriguing worlds, strong heroines, hilarious dialogue and swoon-worthy guys.
3. Robin LaFevers- She became an instant favorite when I read Grave Mercy, and when I was offered an arc for the sequel Dark Triumph I was so giddy I was dancing around my living room. I love her writing, and the amount of research she puts into her books is fascinating. Find her on tumbr, she posts some fun stuff.
4. Gayle Forman- One of the only authors I know that can put every emotion that a human is capable of feeling all into one book. I cry, sigh, laugh, yell at the characters… Any time I hear she has a new book coming out I hunt for every sneak peek and tidbit that I can find until the book is actually published.
5. Ally Condie (Allyson Braithwaite Condie)- I get to brag, I’ve been a fan of Ally’s since before Matched. I read her books that she had published through Deseret Book. I remember when I first heard about Matched. I’d spent a few years telling everyone to read her books, suddenly Matched was published and I was the one being told all about her. I’d just secretly gloat that I’d known about her before. (I've even been lucky enough to meet her!)
6. Cinda Williams Chima- I downloaded the first Seven Realms book, Demon King, from Audible on a whim… About a month later I had listened to the first three books and was
patiently waiting dying while
waiting for the last book to come out.
7. Garth Nix- Humor, incredible world building, outstanding characters and great stories. What is there that you could possibly dislike?
8. Rick Riordan- I actually haven’t read ALL of his books, yet. He’s yet to disappoint me with a book, however, so he remains on my auto buy list.
9. Brandon Sanderson- Again, I haven’t read ALL of his books yet. Love his writing style and his ability to create a world and characters that are so vivid that I disappear completely when I’m reading.
10. Maureen Johnson- I just finished another of her books The Madness Underneath. Absolutely loved it! Which is just about how I feel about her other books.
Others that I didn’t list because I can’t exactly consider them auto buys anymore… because they don’t exactly publish new stuff: Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis, Michael Crichton…
What about you?? Who is on your list?