Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at my other blog, The Broke and the Bookish.
(in no particular order)
1. Vin (Mistborn)- She is small, not all that confident in herself, and doesn't really have much ambition. At least when you first meet her. After she meets a group of rather amazing people, she learns more of who, and what she is and becomes amazing. Strong, fast, with a quick mind.
2. Raisa ana'Marianna- (Seven Realms)- Oh my goodness. I just was introduced to this series a few months back, during the summer. AMAZING series. Anyway, Raisa. She is tough. She is smart, snarky, sarcastic and could take a full grown man down, despite being built small. I can't say a lot without spoiler a lot of the series so I'll be vague. From the beginning of the series she is strong, but she only grows stronger and absolutely kick-butt.
3. Yelena Zaltana (Poison Study Trilogy)- This girl... Don't mess with her. She is a powerful magician, lethal with the staff she carries. She is smart and her tongue is as sharp as the rest of her. If she doesn't beat you senseless with magic or her staff, she'll tear you to pieces with words alone.
4. Sabriel/Lirael-(Abhorson)- So I cheated with this one. I can't choose between the two of them, and they're from the same trilogy... Both of them are no nonsense, does whatever she can do to fight and do the right thing. They're both tough, but don't seem to realize how strong they actually are. They're so busy keeping others safe, or doing what they're supposed to do that they don't stop long enough to realize what they are doing is actually pretty incredible.
5. Ismae/Sybella (His Fair Assassin)- First of all, yes, I’ve read Dark Triumph. I was lucky enough to get an arc! Both of these girls come from bad backgrounds, but they are given the tools and training to become tough, fantastic characters. Don’t mess with these girls. They are tough, but have hearts of gold.
6. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)- What list would be complete without Hermione? There really is nothing to dislike about her. She is tough, smart, and the truest friend someone could ask for.
7. Nita/ Dairine Callahan (Young Wizards)- I cheated again, but they're sisters! Both of them are tough as nails. They're young, 13 and 11 as their story starts out but there are a few things that set them apart. They're smart. Really smart. They're both wizards, with stronger powers than most. They come up against some of the most frighting foes, one in particular, and every time they come out on top. They are endlessly kind and have the best sort of humor.
8. Cinder (Lunar Chronicles)- She's a cyborg. And totally awesome. She is handy with anything mechanical, smart and strong. I’m reading Scarlet right now, I just barely bought it. Can’t wait to dive back into the book!
9. Gabriella (River of Time)- When you first meet her, she’s pretty much your typical modern teenage girl. After she is sent back in time however, she adapts fast. She doesn’t let anything slow her down or keep her from her task. Falling in love doesn’t make her stupid, it just makes her fight harder.
10. Elisa-(Girl of Fire and Thorns)- I’ve only read the first in this series, the second book is next on my to be read list, a friend sent it to me as a gift (thanks Daisy!) so I’ll definitely be reading it soon. But I adore Elisa, she grows so much so quickly. She adapts quickly, is naturally witty, even when she doesn’t realize it, and loves fiercely, she’ll protect those she cares for.What are your favorite characters? Which genre did you pick? Do we have any characters in common?