Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Slowly losing my mind... (Reading A Song of Ice and Fire)



I do believe I have traded in my sanity in exchange for the Song of Ice and Fire series. Like I said over at The Broke and the Bookish, I read the first book well over a year ago. After a bit of persuading from a couple of my favorite blogging friends *cough Kelly and Daisy cough cough* I started reading the second book. My life has been a whirlwind ever since. Every time something crazy happened, which is about every 20 pages (give or take 19) I'd message the two of them. You know that really big spoiler that happens in the third book? The one that even shocked the author (aka: Evil Santa)? I was at rehearsal when I read that. I'm not sure how I kept my composure. I picked up my phone and messaged Kelly and Daisy. All I said was: "WHAT DID I JUST READ?!?!" Just ask them, they can tell you about my frantic messaging as I freaked out over the events of the books.

I'm taking a short break now. Doing a reread of Harry Potter with Jen and Kelly from the Broke and the Bookish. (We discovered during our discussion about Code Name Verity that Jen had never read the Harry Potter series, Kelly and I decided that was terrible and that we needed to fix it. So we are.)

I'll read another book, either Seige and Storm or The Madmans's Daughter and then I'll jump back into the madness.

3 comments:

  1. But isn't it an awesome trade? ;) Sanity for EPIC storytelling, I'd say that's fair :D
    And I love you messaging us while you're reading it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching people freak out over the Red Wedding is one of my favorite pastimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I really don't know if I can handle these books.

    (And I've also never read Harry Potter! Gasp.)

    ReplyDelete

You know what? You're brilliant! Thanks so much for commenting, I always reply!